Instructions for Abstracts Authors & Speakers
INFORMATION FOR ORAL PRESENTERS
- Scientific Committee has chosen highest scored 5 abstracts for oral presentation in a plenary session.
- Principle authors of those 5 selected abstracts are invited to present their abstracts during the conference, on SESSION 2: Oral Presentation of Best Abstracts (Friday 13th April, 10.00 - 10.40 hrs.).
- Presenting author of the abstract with the highest scoring will be honoured with the PCDE Best Conference Abstract Award of 1.000 Euro* during the closing ceremony by the chair of the PCDE.
(*subject to local taxation)
- Fifteen minutes (15’ ) before the start of the session, authors/presenters of oral presentations must report to the chair in the assigned room.
- The maximum time for presentations is 5 minutes, followed by 3 minutes for a question and answers session open to the audience and the chair.
- You are invited to use the PCDE Conference Power Point presentation template.
- The computers in the meeting room will be equipped withWindows Powerpoint (no MAC). The software version will be Windows 8.1 + Office pack (2013 English version).
INFORMATION FOR POSTER PRESENTERS
- Abstracts accepted by the Scientific Committee of the15th International Primary Care Diabetes Europe Conference 2018 to be presented as posters will be displayed as electronic posters on digital screens in the meeting Room MR 05+06 of Barceló Sants Hotel (Floor 1). Authors will no longer be required to display printed posters.
- All accepted posters (with or without presentation in poster sessions) will be displayed on an e-poster gallery on the official conference website (after the conference).
- All posters main authors will receive an e-mail with the instructions to submit their electronic posters. If not, please contact technical secretariat: email@example.com
- Deadline for electronic poster submission: 31 March, 2018
- Electronic poster format:
- Poster size: 1779 pixels (height) x 1080 pixels (width), vertical format (portrait orientation).
- Supported formats: PDF, PNG, JPG, GIF. The best formats for viewing and / or printing are PDF and PNG.
- Do not include the header of the congress, it will be automatically included by the system.
- Authors whose abstracts are accepted (one of the abstract’s authors) must be registered to the Conference:
- Authors of the highest ranking first 30 posters will be invited to present their work in poster sessions organized during the coffee breaks. All presenting authors are requested to be in front of their poster during the poster sessions in order to discuss their work with the chair and participants of the poster session.
- Abstract certificates will be sent by e-mail to the authors after the conference. To receive the abstract, authors must submit their electronic posters and, if the poster is accepted with presentation, authors must present their posters during the indicated poster session.
Poster discussion in poster sessions
- Authors of the highest ranking first 30 posters have been invited to present their work in poster sessions organized during the coffee breaks. All presenting authors are requested to be in front of their poster during the poster sessions in order to discuss their work with the chair and participants of the poster session.
- Authors/presenters are requested to be in front of their poster during the poster sessions in order to discuss their work with the chair and participants of the poster session.
- You will be able to check your poster sessionon the abstract submission website from 12th March (entering the username and password given to submit your abstract).
- POSTER SESSION 1: Friday, 13th April, 10.45 - 11.30 hrs.
- POSTER SESSION 2:Saturday, 14th April, 10.30 - 11.15 hrs.
- During these sessions, poster walks will be organized where every author is invited to present his/her work and to discuss the results with the audience. This onsite presentation should take no more than 4 minutes.
Some additional useful information
- As you know, an effective poster should in fact be self-explanatory. Therefore, a good structure in background, aims, methods, results and conclusions with short subtitles and a clear focus only on the most important aspects of your study is essential. The key message should be easy to read and to recall for the observers passing by.
- Please check your spelling before submitting the final electronic poster version.
INFORMATION FOR SPEAKERS
- Power point presentations: please bring an USB stick with your presentation directly to the meeting room and give it to the technician. Please hand over the USB stick in the morning before the start of the conference or in the coffee/lunch breaks.
- Download the PCDE Conference Power Point presentation template. Please note that it is not compulsory to use this template for your presentations at the Conference.
- The computers in the meeting room will be equipped with Windows Powerpoint (no MAC). The software version will be Windows 8.1 + Office pack (2013 English version).
- In the conference hotel Barceló Sants you can make free use of Wi-fi.
Should you need to contact the Conference Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org