Theme of the Conference:
"The role of primary care in the world of diabetes"
THURSDAY, 12 APRIL 2018
FRIDAY, 13 APRIL 2018
08.00 - 09.00 Registration
09.00 - 09.15 Opening Ceremony
09.15 - 10.00 SESSION 1. DOES EVIDENCE TRANSLATE INTO CLINICAL PRACTICE?
- Do doctors practice what the guidelines preach?
Kamlesh Khunti (UK)
- Do patients practice what doctors preach?
Gerard Reach (France)
10.00 - 10.40 SESSION 2. ORAL PRESENTATION OF BEST ABSTRACTS
10.45 - 11.30 Coffee break & Poster Walks
- Poster Session 1: Treatment
- Poster Session 2: Quality of care
- Poster Session 3: Lifestyle
11.30 - 12.20 SESSION 3. LIFESTYLE MANAGEMENT IN DIABETES. Latest state of evidence.
- Physical activity
Tom Yates (UK)
- Medical nutrition therapy
Serafín Murillo (Spain)
12.20 - 13.00 SESSION 4. KEYNOTE LECTURE: NEW AND UPCOMING AGENTS OF T2D.
- Clifford Bailey (UK)
13.00 - 14.30 Lunch
14.30 - 15.30 SESSION 5. PAUL CROMME LECTURE - Life time achievement award
- The Diabetic Foot – prevention is possible
Prof. Andrew Boulton (UK)
15.30 - 16.30 SESSION 6. EASD PCDE STUDY GROUP LATEST RESEARCH RESULTS
- Renal disease and SGLT2's
Sam Seidu (UK)
- Position statement on management of elderly with diabetes
Clare Hambling (UK)
- Effect of interventions in primary care to improve diabetes care among patients with severe mental illness
Ana Cebrián (Spain)
SATURDAY, 14 APRIL 2018
09.00 - 09.45 SESSION 7. RISING STAR LECTURE
A young promising researcher, Katrien Benhalima (Belgium), will have the opportunity to present her work on a lecture titled ‘Screening for gestational diabetes and the risk for glucose intolerance postpartum’.
09.45 - 10.30 SESSION 8. MODELS OF CARE
- Integrated care
Domingo Orozco (Spain)
- Role of general practice in diabetes management
Martin Hadley-Brown (UK)
- Person-centred diabetes care
Guy Rutten (Netherlands)
10.30 - 11.15 Coffee break & Poster Walks
- Poster Session 4: Treatment
- Poster Session 5: Quality of care
- Poster Session 6: Prevention Screening
11.15 - 12.15 SESSION 9. DRUG THERAPY
- New insulins
Stefano del Prato (Itlay)
Clifford Bailey (UK)
12.15 - 12.40 Closing Ceremony
12.40 Reception (informal drink & tapas)