Rising Star Award
The winner of the Rising Start award will have the opportunity to share her/his research findings in the “Rising Star” session at the 16th International Primary Care Diabetes Europe Conference, taking place on 16-18 April 2020 at Hotel Barceló Sants in Barcelona.
The Rising Star jury is composed of a panel of three, two independent members and a PCDE board member.
The criteria for nomination of candidates are:
- Nomination by a senior academic or organization (promoter)
- Age 45 years and below
- At least 5 years experience in*;
- primary care oriented clinical research
- clinical work as a primary care professional (e.g. physician, nurse, dietitian, psychologist, pharmacist)
- To have finished (or going to finish within one year) a PhD or similar dissertation
- At least two publications in peer reviewed journals
* a combination of both criteria would strengthen the application
The documents to be submitted for the nomination procedure are:
- Letter(s) of recommendation/supporting letter(s) by promoter(s).
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate (including a full list of publications and relevant research activities).
- Two full text publications in peer reviewed journals by the candidate (optional)
- Motivation letter of the candidate (optional)
Deadline for submission:
The documents for nomination should be submitted before February 15th and can be send to email@example.com .
The winner will be invited as a speaker to the conference. PCDE will take care of his/her travel arrangements (registration fee, flight and hotelroom).